Dec 3, 2007

IRS Taxpayer Advocate's Office- how do I get there?

Per the IRS- the Taxpayer Advocate's Office mission and criteria are as follows:

The Taxpayer Advocate Service is an independent organization within the IRS that assists taxpayers who are experiencing economic harm, who are seeking help in resolving tax problems that have not been resolved through normal channels, or who believe that an IRS system or procedure is not working as it should. Taxpayers may be eligible for assistance if:
They are experiencing economic harm or significant cost (including fees for professional representation);
They have experienced a delay of more than 30 days to resolve a tax issue; or
They have not received a response or resolution to their problem by the date promised by the IRS.

The IRS Taxpayer Advocates Office (known as "TAO") handles problems from taxpayers that are of a hardship or "outside of the box."

The format for a TAO complaint or TAO "Order" is to file a Form 911. The best way to do this is to be reduntant:

1. Complete the Form 911 and fax it to the TAO office in YOUR STATE. The number is on the IRS website.
2. After you fax the Form 911- follow up immediately with a phone call (the phone number is also listed with the address on the website). Reiterate your hardship and circumstance to the IRS TAO.
3. Send a copy by certified mail to the IRS. If there are more documents that you can fax, include them in the certified mailing.

If you have a serious problem, consult a professional or e-mail me with a your specific problem and I will reply with assistance.

0 responses:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by 2008

Back to TOP