Feb 19, 2008

The Tax Rebate for 2008- the details

The IRS has done a great job of synthesizing the recently passed tax rebate into a Q&A that everyone can follow. In short, it can be summarized as follows:

1. You need to file a tax return for 2007 to receive the benefit of the tax rebate. Even those who do not normally have to file
2. It is a maximum of $600 per individual, $1200 if married filing jointly, and $300 for each child that is a qualifying child with a social security number
3. The rebate phases out for adjusted gross income over $75,000 for individuals and $150,000 for couples filing jointly
4. The IRS will automatically send you your rebate via the method you select on your 2007 tax return (i.e. by mail or direct deposit)
5. The IRS will start sending the rebates at the end of May, 2008
6. If you owe tax debt, the IRS will keep the rebate to pay your taxes.

Remember, file early and accurately and the rebate will come faster.

0 responses:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP