Apr 1, 2008

Q & A: Need a Copy of Form SSA-1099?

QUESTION: An elderly friend of mine had not filed any income tax forms for years because her only income is Social Security. Of course, she now wants her tax rebate and must file but did not retain her tax related paperwork. How does she obtain another copy of this paperwork and what must she then do to claim her rebate?

ANSWER: The form you are referring to is Form SSA-1099, Social Security Benefit Statement for 2007. A replacement copy of this form may be obtained either by calling the Social Security Administration at 1-800-772-1213 or going online at http://www.ssa.gov/. Be sure to have identification handy when contacting the SSA.
After obtaining a copy of the benefit statement, simply file Form 1040A to be qualified to receive the stimulus rebate. This form is available at many post offices and libraries or can be downloaded from the IRS web site at http://www.irs.gov/.

3 responses:

Anonymous,  April 6, 2008 at 4:37 PM  

The correct url for the Social Security Administration is www.ssa.gov NOT the .org one that is posted in the message.

About IRS Mind April 6, 2008 at 7:11 PM  

Thanks for catching that. It's been updated.

Anonymous,  April 13, 2009 at 3:18 PM  

Do all taxpayers, even those that did not pay have any taxes withheld in 2008. qualify for a refund under the stimulus program? My mother's only income is SS and pension which is not taxed and she usually does not have taxes withheld or owe any taxes.

Thank you!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP