May 21, 2008

Q & A: Shortchanged on Tax Rebate

QUESTION: I received our tax rebate today for $1200. I am married filing jointly with two minor children. I was told that we were supposed to get an additional $300 each for minor children with social security numbers. Please help.

ANSWER: Generally, you are eligible for the additional $300 per child if you have claimed them as dependents on your 2007 tax return and neither of them have reached the age of 17 as of December 31, 2007. If you feel that you should have received the rebate for your children, you can contact the IRS at 1-800-829-1040. Many stimulus rebate answers can be found on the IRS web site at

0 responses:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by 2008

Back to TOP